Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Wednesday by Me

Joe's rattling away next to me. We're in bed and he has a cold and red throat. Poor bubba:( and he just cut 3 big daddy molar teeth :-0
Woke up at 10.30am and did my normal/usual shite; dishes, brekkie (rice, miso with tofu and some kind of mushroom, ham omelette and left over fried goodness from T), washing (laundry), vacuuming. After that I usually bugger off somewhere but today boy played on balcony. He swept and picked random stuff up and put it down again somewhere.
He knows who owns certain possessions and says 'hai, dozo (here you are)', when he gives them to us. It's buzzy discovering what they know. I love asking him to bring me the vacuum cleaner and watching him do it without any prompting. Today he made a telephone ring sound and then put a block next to his ear and babbled away. *Gush*.

After his afternoon nap we all ( Hihi included ) headed to the Dr but first I picked up my honey latte from Doutor cafe. After getting Joe's mystery powder- probably some type of decongestant or icing sugar, we perused the newly upgraded station shopping area. So, we checked out the DVD and music hire place and I was stoked to see Monty Python and most early season American dramas for ¥100 per 3 episode disc. After that I needed groceries and whIle was in the check out line, random twenty something asked if I was from NZ. She said she thought so because of my jandals or Beach slippers as they are known here (generally, they are for swimming pools and beaches only. I have been teased by my Nipponese mates before for wearing them). They are are purple havianas.
Anyway, she bought her stuff and then rejoined me to say she went there etc.....and then got quite emotional all tear well-y. Aww. That's the third time this type of situation has happened to me ( Someone welling up after talking about their stay in NZ).
I did do the ol' introduction to boys, a small chat and email exchange. It turns out she came back in March, her home town is Yamaguchi which is down the other end of Japan, she's job hunting and possibly lonely. So I will keep you updated on the progress of 'Supermarket Woman'.

Better sleep.

1 comment: