Monday, October 12, 2009

Oysters and Striped Rainbow Scarves

Well I have a 3 drink hangover. And Joe has a runny nose and can't breathe well at night. It's a teething thing. Babies usually get a little sick with a cold when they are teething.
I came home around 11.30 and they'd just finished bath time.
Joe was insufferable all night. He slept with me and needed to have a little elevation to breathe clearly. Buggery. We woke up around 12.30pm though.
Despite my condition we I had a relatively productive day. I did the usual - dishes,laundry, breakfast, tidy, clean, vac, shopping and cleaned the shower room. Yuck. It's not so hard but as I have been using gym's one, it seemed to have become gross because of male usage.
Made some battered oysters, mushrooms and bananas for T. They accompanied odon noodles.
We mostly eat Japanese cuisine and eat rice and miso soup all the time.

Last night was pretty predictable really. Catching up with mates. Drinking and dancing. Was fun but I think I'll sit on one drink next time. I'm a shit communicator when I'm sick. I can't be bothered talking to Hihi or Joe. I'd rather grunt if I could. I feel tight chested too, and I don't even smoke.

Met some Australian man and his daughter in the video store today. She doesn't speak English and Jap is spoken in the home. He said his parents will be disappointed when they come next month. That's one thing I which concerns me. I hope Joe can be bilingualised easily. We speak English at home and Japanese outside. English TV is mostly on too. I expect him to speak and understand English better than Japanese but he might not and I think I am dreaming on that one. I speak bugger all Japania really. I am basically too lazy to study. I know it's naughty and maybe embarrassing. I rely on Hihi to translate all the time and I can't really have a decent chat to anyone even my in laws ><.

I'm thinking I will start to knit Hihi a nice pure wool scarf tomorrow. I will use fat needles and pearl stitch. Hihi just said he wants it striped and that he likes rainbow colours. I think can approve that request providing he doesn't want pink triangles or the letter GAY knitted into it. So wool shopping is my mission for tomorrow.

BB time.

1 comment:

  1. God, I wish I could knit nice scarves!! it's one talent I really envy. Unfortunately mine end up with holes all over the place when I drop the stitches...:/

    ReplyDelete